Contents of AJAX booklet
Chapter 1: Introduction to AJAX
This chapter is an overview of AJAX and how it works.
Chapter 2: Implementing AJAX
- How Asp.Net applications work?
- How Asp.Net AJAX applications work?
- Key Technologies behind AJAX
- Asp.Net AJAX Architecture
- Microsoft Ajax library
- Server side extensions
- How does AJAX work?
This chapter introduces a set of concepts, which can also be thought of as building blocks, using which we can get started with AJAX application development.
Chapter 3: Programming the JounalVoucher of a web accounting application using AJAX
- AJAX Postback
- UpdatePanel control
- ScriptManager control
- Creating a simple ASP.NET page with UpdatePanel control
- Optimization Techniques for Ajax Postback
- How to control the Refresh of the UpdatePanel control
- UpdateMode property
- ChildrenAsTriggers property
- Using Triggers
- Partial Page Update - A better user experience
- ASP.Net Client page life cycle
- AJAX Client page life cycle
- Application Object
- Important Events of Application Object
- Working with PageRequest Manager Class events
This chapter takes you through all the steps of programming an AJAX application using
UpdatePanel control and ScriptManager control. This chapter also teaches how to program client page life cycle events.
Chapter 4: AJAX Application Programming using Client Script
- Java Script used for programming the journal voucher
- Add handlers to events raised by Application Object
- Get the instance of the PageRequestManager class
- Purpose of each PageRequestManager class events in journal voucher
- Add handlers to events raised by DOM Object
- Designing the Journal voucher
- Using the ScriptManager control
- Using the Update Panel control
- Partial-page rendering with updatepanels
- Using UpdateProgress control in Jounal voucher
- HTML Code
- Application logic code (code behind file)
- Reducing the Viewstate caused by using rich controls like DatagridView in an AJAX ASP.Net page
- Server and Client side events
- Creating a Web Service
- Write Callback functions
- Page Methods